Are you ready for another yummy, holiday treat? This recipe was made entirely with items from the Dollar General. For the longest time, I just thought this was a dollar store that had random knick knacks. However, I’ve recently gone there several times, and I must say, I’m impressed with the variety of items they have, and the discounted rates most of them are at!
I always love having snack mixes to eat during the holiday season. You know, those yummy treats that you can just take a small handful of when you walk by (calories don’t count if you eat them while walking…right?!)
This delicious treat combines all my favorite things — sweet and salty, chocolate and caramel. Gooey and crunchy. Though, be warned, it’s a little bit messy! Definitely have some wet wipes on hand when serving this.
Be sure to check out all of the Dollar General Holiday supplies for all your holiday needs, and to get all these yummy ingredients.
- 1 cup crushed Special K Sweet and Salty Popcorn Chips
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 2 cups plain M&MS, divided
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 20 Kraft Caramels, unwrapped
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- In a large bowl, mix popcorn chips, honey roasted peanuts, 1 cup M&MS, and 1 1/2 cups pretzels. Set aside.
- Place final cup of M&Ms and 20 unwrapped caramels into a sauce pan with 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 cup milk or almond milk, and butter. Heat over medium high heat until melts, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture melts, add 1 tablespoon corn starch bring to a boil, whisking the entire time, until it reaches desired consistency (thick and syrupy.)
- Place a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper on a jelly roll pan (make sure pan has sides). Pour the snack mixture evenly on the pan, and then pour the chocolate and caramel sauce over the mixture. Let cool overnight, or in the refrigerator. It will be sticky.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1640 Total Fat: 108g Saturated Fat: 38g Cholesterol: 93mg Sodium: 1133mg Carbohydrates: 131g Sugar: 71g Protein: 44g
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com