No bake cookies are perfect for the summer — you don’t have to turn on the oven, and they are super easy and delicious. These spiced almond & cookie butter no bake cookies are unique in their flavor, but you’ll definitely want to make them over and over again. Be sure to take the recipe with you to parties — it’s almost guaranteed that people will be asking for it!
(note – to make these gluten free, you will need to swap out the cookie butter for some other kind of spread (such as nutella, which we’ve had great success with), or by using this gluten free speculoos spread recipe.)
As much as I love making treats, I do it a lot less during the summer, because I really don’t like using our oven! When you don’t have central air conditioning (swamp coolers can only do so much), you go to whatever lengths possible to avoid using heat-producing objects, such as an oven.
So, that’s why I think no bake cookies are perfect during the summer! You do have to do a little bit of cooking on the stove top, but I don’t find that really produces a ton of heat. But beyond that, you just throw all the ingredients together, put them on some wax paper, and wait a few hours for them to properly cool. Even though the waiting is brutal, the results are always quite tasty.
This version of the no bake cookie is Forrest’s creation. We were really wanting to use up some of our cookie butter (or Biscoff) in the pantry, but we really didn’t have enough for a batch of no bake cookies. So, Forrest thought it would be a good idea to throw some almond butter in. In addition, he added cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom, which really kicked these cookies up a notch.
Not only did they taste delicious, but they smelled great too. I honestly liked these a lot more than regular no bake cookies (made with peanut butter), but then again, I don’t really like peanut butter that much. Either way, I’ve been craving these ever since. I’ve seen a few different versions of no bake cookies that use cookie butter, but I don’t think I’ve seen a recipe that incorporates almond butter, and all the yummy spices Forrest used…so I think this was pretty unique.
Even if there are a bunch of other recipes that used those exact ingredients (I wouldn’t know — I never Google our ideas to check!), it doesn’t matter. These cookies are definitely one you’ll want to try out this summer. Perfect for parties!
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats, gluten free ones
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- ½ cup milk, or almond milk
- 2 Tbs cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cardamom, optional
- ¼ cup cookie butter, Biscoff (see notes for gluten free options)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, butter, milk, and spices in saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add (if the saucepan is large enough, of course) oatmeal, cookie butter, almond butter, and vanilla.
- Stir while the mixture cools a little. You don’t want the mixture to be too runny and flatten out. When the mixture starts to thicken quickly spoon onto wax paper.
- Let it cool and harden for about 2 hours.
(note - to make these gluten free, you will need to swap out the cookie butter for some other kind of spread (such as nutella), or by using this gluten free speculoos spread recipe.)
We’ve just passed mid-week and we’re still rolling out more Memorial Day ideas for you! Look at all these awesome ideas the rest of the Kick Off to Summer Week bloggers have put together!
Macaroni Egg Salad by From Gate to Plate
Summer Fruit with White Chocolate Dip by Summer Scraps
Grilled Caesar Salad by Keep it Simple, Sweetie
Firecracker Cupcakes by It’s Yummi
Pasta Salad by Forty Eighteen
Red, White and Blueberry Cups by Bits of Ivory
Cowboy Coffee Cake by Lady Behind the Curtain
All American Burger by The Freshman Cook
No-Bake Cookie Butter Cookies by Clarks Condensed
Crispy Potatoes and Fennel by Love in the Kitchen
Asian Grilled Chicken Skewers by It’s a Keeper
Potato Salad by Life on Food
Outdoor Water Games by Play. Party. Pin.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com