A rich, decadent butterscotch pumpkin poke cake – a delicious fall dessert that can feed a crowd!
- 1 spice cake mix
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 jar butterscotch ice cream topping about a 12 ounce jar
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 container cool whip
- 1 bag heath bar bits.
- 15 ginger snap cookies
- Combine spice cake mix with the can of pumpkin puree and 1/2 the bag of the heath bar bits
- Pour batter into a prepared 9x13 baking dish and bake according to the instructions on the cake mix.
- While the cake is still warm, poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Pour butterscotch over the top of the cake and then about 1/2 - 3/4 of the can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Pulse the ginger snap cookies in a blender or food processor until they are in powder form. Mix the rest of the heath bar bits with the cookie dust.
- Spread whipped cream on top.
- Put the heath bar/ginger snap mixture all across the top of the cake.
A few years ago when I was in my first holiday season as a blogger, I noticed that there was one recipe many, many recipe bloggers had on their sites – the poke cake.
I thought it was kind of silly that there were so many variations of it being made, and I swore I would never put one on my site.
Two years later, I’m breaking that vow. This butterscotch pumpkin poke cake is too good not to share. And now I understand why everyone wanted to share their variations – just a few simple changes makes the cake totally different.
I made up this cake around Halloween when my mom asked if I could bring a dessert for the annual family Halloween party. This seemed like a fitting dessert. It was a big hit – though, I must warn you, it’s very rich and decadent. A little bit definitely goes a long way.
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, this might be a fun last-minute dessert for that day…or really, anytime you need a quick, delicious dessert that goes a long way!
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).