A rich, decadent butterscotch pumpkin poke cake – a delicious fall dessert that can feed a crowd!
Pumpkin Poke Cake
- 1 spice cake mix
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 jar butterscotch ice cream topping about a 12 ounce jar
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 container cool whip
- 1 bag heath bar bits.
- 15 ginger snap cookies
- Combine spice cake mix with the can of pumpkin puree and 1/2 the bag of the heath bar bits
- Pour batter into a prepared 9x13 baking dish and bake according to the instructions on the cake mix.
- While the cake is still warm, poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Pour butterscotch over the top of the cake and then about 1/2 - 3/4 of the can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Pulse the ginger snap cookies in a blender or food processor until they are in powder form. Mix the rest of the heath bar bits with the cookie dust.
- Spread whipped cream on top.
- Put the heath bar/ginger snap mixture all across the top of the cake.
A few years ago when I was in my first holiday season as a blogger, I noticed that there was one recipe many, many recipe bloggers had on their sites – the poke cake.
I thought it was kind of silly that there were so many variations of it being made, and I swore I would never put one on my site.
Two years later, I’m breaking that vow. This butterscotch pumpkin poke cake is too good not to share. And now I understand why everyone wanted to share their variations – just a few simple changes makes the cake totally different.
I made up this cake around Halloween when my mom asked if I could bring a dessert for the annual family Halloween party. This seemed like a fitting dessert. It was a big hit – though, I must warn you, it’s very rich and decadent. A little bit definitely goes a long way.
Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, this might be a fun last-minute dessert for that day…or really, anytime you need a quick, delicious dessert that goes a long way!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com