This pumpkin patch puppy chow is made with cookie butter, pumpkin candies, butterscotch chips, and Crispix cereal. It’s the perfect fall-time treat! When you combine it with this Charlie Brown bag printable, it would be great for giving to friends and family!
- 9 cups Kellogs Crispix Cereal
- 1 bag of pumpkin candies the ones that taste like candy corn - optional
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup pumpkin cookie butter if you can't find this, just add 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice to regular cookie butter.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Add cereal and pumpkins to a large bowl and mix together.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine butterscotch chips, cookie butter, and regular butter. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and then microwave again in 15 second increments until it's almost melted. Stir until completely melted.
- Add to the cereal mixture and stir until completely coated.
- Mix in powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container or Ziploc gallon bag.
When I was growing up, there was a VHS of Halloween movies and shows that my parents had recorded from live TV. I would always search for the video this time of year and watch the shows – it was always so fun. I even enjoyed watching the commercials.
One of the shows on it was “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!” This has always been one of my favorite Halloween movies. It’s so fun. I just saw today that I could get it, along with five other holiday Charlie Brown movies on iTunes. I couldn’t resist, and I can’t wait to watch them with Jack.
As you may know, there’s a new Charlie Brown movie coming out soon. It looks super cute, and it will be so fun to watch it with Jack. So, I thought I’d share a Halloween/Charlie Brown themed treat with you all today – Pumpkin Batch Puppy Chow (or Muddy Buddies. I know they are referred to both ways!) I’ve also included a fun printable in case you want to give these out to friends, family, at school, or even as part of You’ve Been Boo’ed!
This was a really easy treat that Jack and I made together. He thought it was so fun!
Because I love that Halloween Charlie Brown special, I thought it would be fun to make a cute printable based off of it.You can print it off below (just hover over this widget to see the download option) and attach it to a quart size Ziploc bag.
It’s really easy to throw together:
I made the puppy chow using Kellog’s Crispix cereal and Nestle Butterscotch chips. I put the finished product in quart and gallon-sized Ziploc bags (and I attached the printable to the quart-sized ones.)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons-Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.