I have a love-hate relationship with buffalo flavored things.
The love part is because I love the flavor of buffalo. So good!
The hate? Well, that buffalo items are often combined with blue cheese. And blue cheese is among my top 10 least favorite things in the world.
Fortunately, there’s no rule that says I have to put blue cheese with buffalo, so I don’t. Then delicious recipes like this come to pass.
Buffalo alfredo. I love alfredo (our skinny alfredo sauce is so good, and what this recipe is based off of), and I thought it would be fun to add some buffalo sauce to it. I was sent several bottles of Moore’s Marinades and Sauces, and it was really good. The flavor wasn’t overwhelming, and it added just enough buffalo to the alfredo.
This meal is ready in less than 30 minutes, and it’s sure to be a hit with everyone!
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken, cubed
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- ¼ stick butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (maybe more)
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ - ½ cup Moore's Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ½ package pasta
- Season cubed chicken in salt and pepper.
- In a large pot or sauce pan, cook chicken in oil until cooked. Set aside.
- In the same pot, melt butter and whisk together with cornstarch until it starts to bubble.
- Whisk in heavy cream over medium heat (avoid boiling).
- Whisk in parmesan cheese, garlic, and Italian season, and whisk until cheese is melted and not goopy.
- Mix in buffalo sauce. Continue stirring until thickened to liking. Add more cornstarch if it's not thick enough.
- Bring to a light boil, add in pasta, and cover with lid. Cook until pasta is done.
- Add chicken.