I participated in a campaign on behalf of Millennial Central for Mrs. T’s Pierogies. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
So, Broncos or Seahawks? Who do YOU want to win the Super Bowl?
For me, I’m rooting for the Broncos. I’m really not a big football (or, really, any sport) fan, but I’m from Colorado and I feel like I have to at least be somewhat excited that they made it to the big game.
We aren’t planning to have a huge crowd over, and since Sundays are usually a bit busy, with church and everything, I have been trying to think of some simple finger foods and appetizers to make. As I combed through our freezer, I came across a few boxes of Mrs. T’s Pieorgies, and decided that was the perfect idea!
I talked about Mrs. T’s Pieorgies awhile back, and I’ve only grown to love them even more since then. They are such a dynamic dish, that can be easily changed according to your tastes. I think it would be so fun to have a pieorgie bar at our Super Bowl party, where everyone could take the flavor of pierogie they want (already pre-cooked, of course) and add toppings to make it there own.
Here are a few ideas I had for a pieorgie bar:
- A variety of sauces (roasted red pepper, marinara, alfredo)
- Meats (diced steak or chicken, shredded pork)
- Salsas (such as my roasted tomatillo salsa)
- Shredded cheeses — mozzarella, colby monterrey jack, etc.
- Grilled veggies — squash, asparagus, zucchini…I think any of them would pair very nicely with a pieorgie.
I love that there are SO many varieties of flavors — personally, I’m not a huge of cheese filled things, so I was happy to see that Mrs. T’s has a few “cheese-free varieties” such as Potato and Onion, and Potato, Sour Cream, and Chive. Mmm…so yummy! I feel like the sour cream and chive one would taste just like a baked potato, which is something I’ve been loving to have for lunch lately!
Even if you are just going to a Super Bowl party, these are a great dish to bring. They are a no-fuss appetizer that just about everyone can (and I almost guarantee will) enjoy. Plus, they are great for kids and adults alike — I know any Super Bowl party we will be going to probably will have kiddos running around, and Forrest and I don’t usually believe in making separate meals for kids! As we used to say at the daycare I worked at…you get what you get, and you don’t throw a fit (though I don’t think that will be a problem when you are serving pieorgies!)
I’m seriously getting hungry thinking about these — the whipped potatos in the soft, yummy pasta shell is so good. I think I might have to open the box early and make some for lunch tomorrow!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com