These creamy sweet potato enchiladas are the perfect meatless meal that the entire family will devour! Also, find out how to win a $5,000 Sprouts Gift Card!
I’ve talked about my favorite restaurant back in Utah, right?
Milagros. It’s a little Mexican restaurant in Orem, and it’s oh so delicious. This tomatillo salsa was inspired by them.
I have yet to find a Mexican restaurant I enjoy as much as Milagros. One of my favorite things to get there was their veggie enchiladas.
I mean, I love meat. So if I choose something vegetarian, you know it’s gonna be good.
I loved the grilled veggies inside – I never even missed the meat.
Since we’ve been trying to eat healthier nad incorporate a few more meatless meals into our life, I thought it would be fun to make veggie enchiladas. We love sweet potatoes, so I incorporated those into this recipe along with black beans, and they turned out so good!
I picked up some Mountain High Original Style Plain Yogurt during Sprouts Better For You Brand Sale – where you can get 35% off yummy and better-for-you products – which I combined with some red enchilada sauce to make a creamy sauce.
I grilled up some red peppers and onions, and threw that together with some sweet potatoes, black beans, and cheese.
It was a really simple meal, but we all really enjoyed it – I think we ate the entire pan. The flavor was really yummy, and I was really sad we didn’t have leftovers for the next day. There was some excess sauce in the pan, which was great for scooping up with Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Tortilla Chips!
Jack took a little coaxing to try it, but he ended up telling us how delicious it was. Parenting win #fistbump.
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- 2 cups sweet potatoes , diced
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 red pepper , sliced
- 1/2 small red onion , sliced
- Olive oil (a couple tablespoons)
- 1 can black beans , drained
- About 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Toss with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until soft. Set aside.
- Heat some olive oil in a saute pan and saute red pepper and red onion until soft.
- Add black beans and heat through. Combine with sweet potatoes.
- Whisk yogurt and yogurt together until creamy and no lumps remain.
- In a large glass pan, spoon a thin layer of the enchilada sauce across it.
- Put a tortilla in the pan, spoon a little bit of enchilada sauce, some of the sweet potato mixture, and a little bit of cheese into it. Roll and repeat.
- Once all enchiladas are made, cover with remaining sauce and about 1/2 to 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Broil for one minute.
As I mentioned, Sprouts is having an awesome sale this month – you can get 35% off all participating items. You don’t even need a coupon.
For this campaign, direct your audience to their local Sprouts Farmers Market where they’ll find 35% off all participating items. No code or coupon needed! Here are some of the items you can buy:
– Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Tortilla Chips
– Larabar Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
– Cascadian Farm Cinnamon Crunch Cereal
– Muir Glen Pasta Sauce Tomato Basil
– Mountain High Original Style Plain Yogurt
– IBC Cinnamon Rolls with Icing 5 ct.
– Annie’s Mini Pizza Bagels – Cheese
– Annie’s Mac & Cheese Shells & Wisconsin Cheddar
– Annie’s Fruit Snacks Bunny Berry Patch
– Annie’ s Natural Goddess Dressing
You can also enter to win the Get and Give Back sweepstakes! Five people will get a $2,000 Sprouts gift card and then be able to nominate a local food bank to receive $2,000. I always say you can’t win if you don’t enter, so you might as well see if you can!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com