Every so often, I come up with a recipe that I want to shout from the rooftops of its delicious-ness.
This creamy pumpkin alfredo is one of those.
Not only is it possibly the easiest recipe ever, but it’s absolutely delicious and quite good for you. I honestly wasn’t quite sure if it was going to be that good when I was throwing the ingredients in my skillet, but my taste buds were more than pleasantly surprised.
Forrest and I both kept saying how delicious it was as we ate it…and that it may be our favorite recipe to date.
You see, I love alfredo sauce. It’s probably one of my favorite things in the world. Unfortunately, it’s not very good for you, and, as an added bonus, I usually feel really sick after eating it. And, half the time when I make it, it ends up breaking and doesn’t look super appetizing.
This is pretty much a fool-proof recipe. It requires very little time or effort, it’s super creamy, and I couldn’t get enough of it. I honestly can’t wait to make it again, because it is so good.
It doesn’t require any butter – just a can of coconut milk and a can of pumpkin puree, along with some parmesan cheese and spices. I’m not sure if I’ll ever make regular alfredo again. It turned out super creamy. Even if you don’t like pumpkin normally, it’s worth trying. Don’t feel like you are about to eat pumpkin pie alfredo or something. This dish is perfectly savory and has a great flavor.
I added some grilled chicken strips and bacon bits, but that’s totally optional. I think this would be totally delicious without it, which would make it a great vegetarian dish. It’s perfect for anyone that craves the creaminess of an unhealthy alfredo sauce but doesn’t want all the extra fat and calories.
Pumpkin is a great substitute when you want something creamy or moist, but you are trying to avoid using butter, milk/cream, etc. I love combining it with coconut milk, which is my go-to cream substitute.
Light and Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk NOT light
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 box fettuccine boiled
- Bacon and grilled chicken strips optional
- Place coconut milk, pumpkin puree, and grated parmesan in a deep pan on the stove top.
- Bring to medium-high heat and mix until everything is combined.
- Add garlic, onion powder, oregano, and chile powder. Stir.
- Bring down to a simmer and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in bacon and chicken if desired.
- Serve over fettuccine.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com