An easy strawberry pie recipe that can be a no-baked dessert (if you use a graham cracker crust.) When topped with blueberries and whipped cream, this dessert becomes the perfect Red, White, and Blue pie recipe for Fourth of July!
Strawberry Pie Recipe
One of the great things about this recipe is that if you use the mini-graham cracker crusts that I use in the video, then it the recipe is a no bake recipe. That means you don’t have to heat up your house during the summer with oven heat. You still have to cook on the stove for a few minutes, but that should create a lot less heat. Plus, in the video I use a straw to de-core and de-leaf the strawberries. I’m sure there is a word for that, but I’ll admit my ignorance of it.
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
- 5 cups quartered or halved and hulled strawberries
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pie Shell either a pastry or graham cracker crust will work great.
- Mash two cups of strawberries, and add them to a sauce pan. You could mash them in your sauce pan if you don't have a nonstick pan you're worried about scratching.
- Add sugar, corn starch, vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon juice and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and stir occasionally until glaze has thickened. Heating the glaze should only take three to five minutes. Let it cool completely. The heat might bring extra liquid, that you don't want, out of the strawberries that you are going to add.
- Combine remaining 3-5 (it is really up to you) cups of strawberries with cooled strawberry glaze. Stir until strawberries are well coated. Spoon strawberry filling into cooled pie crust.
- Refrigerate pie 2 hours before serving. Then add the whipped cream and blueberries on top! Enjoy!
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).