An easy strawberry pie recipe that can be a no-baked dessert (if you use a graham cracker crust.) When topped with blueberries and whipped cream, this dessert becomes the perfect Red, White, and Blue pie recipe for Fourth of July!
Strawberry Pie Recipe
One of the great things about this recipe is that if you use the mini-graham cracker crusts that I use in the video, then it the recipe is a no bake recipe. That means you don’t have to heat up your house during the summer with oven heat. You still have to cook on the stove for a few minutes, but that should create a lot less heat. Plus, in the video I use a straw to de-core and de-leaf the strawberries. I’m sure there is a word for that, but I’ll admit my ignorance of it.
- 5 cups quartered or halved and hulled strawberries
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pie Shell, either a pastry or graham cracker crust will work great.
- Mash two cups of strawberries, and add them to a sauce pan. You could mash them in your sauce pan if you don't have a nonstick pan you're worried about scratching.
- Add sugar, corn starch, vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon juice and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and stir occasionally until glaze has thickened. Heating the glaze should only take three to five minutes. Let it cool completely. The heat might bring extra liquid, that you don't want, out of the strawberries that you are going to add.
- Combine remaining 3-5 (it is really up to you) cups of strawberries with cooled strawberry glaze. Stir until strawberries are well coated. Spoon strawberry filling into cooled pie crust.
- Refrigerate pie 2 hours before serving. Then add the whipped cream and blueberries on top! Enjoy!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com