Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 5 cups quartered or halved and hulled strawberries
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pie Shell, either a pastry or graham cracker crust will work great.
- Mash two cups of strawberries, and add them to a sauce pan. You could mash them in your sauce pan if you don't have a nonstick pan you're worried about scratching.
- Add sugar, corn starch, vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon juice and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and stir occasionally until glaze has thickened. Heating the glaze should only take three to five minutes. Let it cool completely. The heat might bring extra liquid, that you don't want, out of the strawberries that you are going to add.
- Combine remaining 3-5 (it is really up to you) cups of strawberries with cooled strawberry glaze. Stir until strawberries are well coated. Spoon strawberry filling into cooled pie crust.
- Refrigerate pie 2 hours before serving. Then add the whipped cream and blueberries on top! Enjoy!