I think sometimes in the food blogging world, it becomes tempting to try and use all the seasonal ingredients, and create crazy and unique recipes. Not that I think that’s a bad time — I’ve definitely done it myself (I mean, I pretty much experiment with every new flavor of M&M that comes out.)
However, I think that there’s a lot to be said about posting simple recipes that require very few ingredients, as well. I really wanted to make an Easter-themed popcorn recipe. As I was considering all of the unique recipes I could create, I decided that rather do something complex…I should just create a simple, festive popcorn idea. And with that, I’ve decided to share a simple, M&M and Marshmallow Popcorn.
This popcorn has just a few ingredients — butter, mini marshmallows, popcorn, and M&Ms (I used Easter-colored M&Ms, but really, any color will do.) I recommend foregoing store-bought microwave popcorn and use this brown bag microwave popcorn (or popping it on the stove), but if store bought is all you got…then use that.
Also, be sure to remove all the kernels before you put the marshmallow topping on the popcorn — trust me. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself with very sticky fingers!
- 6 cups popped popcorn, kernels removed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 bag mini marshmallows (10 oz bag)
- 1/2 bag Easter M&Ms
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a pot, heat butter and marshmallows of medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Once butter and marshmallows have melted, pour over popcorn and stir with a rubber spatula.
- Add in M&Ms before the popcorn cools completely (or else the M&Ms won't stick)
- Let cool and harden before eating.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1902 Total Fat: 95g Saturated Fat: 59g Cholesterol: 244mg Sodium: 961mg Carbohydrates: 268g Sugar: 163g Protein: 12g
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com