Looking for a slow cooker Alfredo sauce recipe that’s made entirely from scratch? This is the one you’ve been waiting for!
Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
A few months ago, I was tasked with the planning of our ward’s Relief Society Christmas party.
In the planning meetings with the activities committee, we decided to do something a little bit different and planned to have a pasta bar for the dinner.
We decided to have a slow cooker spaghetti sauce, along with Alfredo sauce. I figured we could easily find a slow cooker Alfredo sauce to use.
Well, I was wrong. There are loads of crock pot Alfredo sauce recipes out there…but they all require jarred alfredo sauce. And I really hate the tasted of jarred Alfredo sauce – no matter what the brand! So I was determined to find a recipe that was homemade.
Unfortunately, I had a lot of trouble doing this, so I decided to make my own.
I thought it turned out really yummy – but with this, I do have to share a few caveats. We made this sauce in two different crock pots – and it turned out differently with each one.
I used my Ninja Cooking System, and the sauce thickened up perfectly once it was simmering toward the end, and I added corn starch.
I also used my mom’s slow cooker, and it was definitely a bit more liquidy. It still tasted really yummy, and when you put it on the noodles, it wasn’t as big of a deal. However, it definitely didn’t thicken up as much as I would like.
Since I have no idea what kind of crock pot you are using, it’s hard to say how it will work with yours. If it does end up being a little more liquidy than you like, just transfer it to the stove for a few minutes so you can thicken it there. Just add a little cornstarch, bring to a simmer, and whisk until done!
But either way, here is the recipe!
Crock Pot Alfredo Suace
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian season
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons corn starch
- Place chicken broth, heavy cream, butter, and seasonings in a crock pot. Cook on high for two hours.
- After two hours, whisk in parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon of corn starch and mix until combined. Let cook another 15 minutes.
- Make sure the sauce is bubbling and whisk in another teaspoon of cornstarch. If it doesn't thicken up, after a few minutes, transfer to the stove top and whisk over medium heat until reaches desired consistency.
- Add precooked chicken strips to the pot (if desired) and let heat for about 10 minutes or so.
Other Slow Cooker Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce with Sausage
- Slow Cooker Three Cheese Italian Chicken
- Slow Cooker Carne Asada
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com