Looking for a slow cooker Alfredo sauce recipe that’s made entirely from scratch? This is the one you’ve been waiting for!
Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
A few months ago, I was tasked with the planning of our ward’s Relief Society Christmas party.
In the planning meetings with the activities committee, we decided to do something a little bit different and planned to have a pasta bar for the dinner.
We decided to have a slow cooker spaghetti sauce, along with Alfredo sauce. I figured we could easily find a slow cooker Alfredo sauce to use.
Well, I was wrong. There are loads of crock pot Alfredo sauce recipes out there…but they all require jarred alfredo sauce. And I really hate the tasted of jarred Alfredo sauce – no matter what the brand! So I was determined to find a recipe that was homemade.
Unfortunately, I had a lot of trouble doing this, so I decided to make my own.
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
I thought it turned out really yummy – but with this, I do have to share a few caveats. We made this sauce in two different crock pots – and it turned out differently with each one.
I used my Ninja Cooking System, and the sauce thickened up perfectly once it was simmering toward the end, and I added corn starch.
I also used my mom’s slow cooker, and it was definitely a bit more liquidy. It still tasted really yummy, and when you put it on the noodles, it wasn’t as big of a deal. However, it definitely didn’t thicken up as much as I would like.
Since I have no idea what kind of crock pot you are using, it’s hard to say how it will work with yours. If it does end up being a little more liquidy than you like, just transfer it to the stove for a few minutes so you can thicken it there. Just add a little cornstarch, bring to a simmer, and whisk until done!
But either way, here is the recipe!
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian season
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons corn starch
- Place chicken broth, heavy cream, butter, and seasonings in a crock pot. Cook on high for two hours.
- After two hours, whisk in parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon of corn starch and mix until combined. Let cook another 15 minutes.
- Make sure the sauce is bubbling and whisk in another teaspoon of cornstarch. If it doesn't thicken up, after a few minutes, transfer to the stove top and whisk over medium heat until reaches desired consistency.
- Add precooked chicken strips to the pot (if desired) and let heat for about 10 minutes or so.
Other Slow Cooker Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce with Sausage
- Slow Cooker Three Cheese Italian Chicken
- Slow Cooker Carne Asada
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).