If you are looking for a new twist on hot cereal, these cinnamon roll baked oatmeal is sure to the trick. It combines two popular breakfast dishes into one fantastic meal that everyone will enjoy!
About two years ago, Forrest and I stayed the night at his aunt and uncle’s house. I can’t even remember why, because they only live 30 minutes away from where we live, but we did. They always make us feel so welcome and that includes making delicious food!
On this particular occasion, Forrest’s aunt made us breakfast, and it was something I had never had before – baked oatmeal. I don’t love oatmeal, but I don’t dislike it either, so I was curious to see how it would turn out.
The verdict? I loved it! I think I had two servings. And I made it at our home a few weeks later.
Oddly enough, I have only made it once since then. To be honest, I had kind of forgotten about it! However, when I saw these specially marked packages of Quaker’s Quick Cooking Rolled Oats available at Target (for a limited time only) a few weeks ago, I really wanted to make it. I looked at a few recipes online – most of them looked pretty good. However, I decided I want to make up my own recipe based off of my favorite breakfast item – cinnamon rolls!
Cinnamon rolls are so yummy, so I thought it would be the perfect twist on a plain baked oatmeal recipe. At first, I was just going to spice it up with the spice cinnamon, but then I saw cinnamon chips at the store, and I thought those would be fun to add. Forrest suggested vanilla chocolate chips which I quickly agreed to.
It turned out so good! It tasted like a mix between a cinnamon roll and an oatmeal cookie. I made it for some of my family, and even the ones who don’t normally like oatmeal enjoyed it!
I made a simple vanilla glaze for the top, though, admittedly, it kind of “disappeared” after a few minutes. Even though I couldn’t see it, it still added a yummy flavor.
These are pretty sweet, so if you don’t love sweet stuff, just omit the glaze, or use a less sugar. Either way, this is a super simple dish that would be easy for Christmas breakfast!
Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk I used almond milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup Cinnamon Chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In one bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Combine all together and fold in cinnamon chips, pecans, and white chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake about 40 minutes.
- Let cool about 10 minutes. While cooling, make the glaze. Then, drizzle on top!
- Combine everything together in a bowl until smooth!
Step-by-step Photo Tutorial
Combine dry ingredients in a mix bowl.
Whisk together the wet ingredients.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients, as well as the white chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, and pecan chips.
Spread into an 8×8 dish and baked at 350 for about 40 minutes.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com