These cookies are out of this world! Dipper peppermint chocolate sugar cookies – perfect for Christmas! They are great un-dipped as well (not a fan of peppermint? Use vanilla instead!)
Ever since we made these triple chocolate peanut butter cookies, I’ve really loved the idea of dipped cookies. Cookies are SO simple to dip, and it really just kicks them up a notch.
This year, I decided to participate in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. I skipped it last year, since we were planning to move (and we did), so it was fun to join in again this year.
It took me awhile to come up with a yummy and creative idea for the cookie swap. I wanted to do something festive, but that was easy. I don’t like sharing super complicated recipes.
I started to think that chocolate sugar cookies sounded intriguing. I had never had them before, but it certainly sounded like a great idea. I mean, most things with cookies are, right? I found a recipe, adapted it a little, and I decided to turn them into dipped peppermint chocolate sugar cookies.
They turned out so good. It was hard for me to send them off, because I wanted to eat them all. I hope that they got to the people who I was matched up safely and without breaking too much.
These would be great for a cookie swap or for cookies to give to friends and neighbors. I love them dipped, but they’d be awesome non-dipped as well. And if you aren’t a fan of peppermint, just add vanilla instead 🙂
Chocolate Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar for rolling
- if doing dipped, you'll need the following
- 2 cups chocolate chips + 1 teaspoon peppermint
- Andes Peppermint Chips
- Combine butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in one egg at a time and peppermint extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Beat in cocoa powder.
- Chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll into balls and roll into sugar. Place onto a prepared baking sheet a couple inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow them to cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.
- Once the cookies are cooled, melt chocolate chips and peppermint extract. Dip one side of each cookie into the mixture and sprinkle with Andes peppermint chips. Let chocolate harden (place in the refrigerator to speed up the process.)
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com