These candy corn marshmallows are a very simple Halloween treat (perfect for Halloween parties), and they are easy enough for kids to make!
- 3/4 cup orange Wilton Candy Melts
- 1/2 cup yellow Wilton Candy Melts
- About 15 large marshmallows
- Prepare a baking sheet with wax paper or set out a silicone baking mat.
- Place the orange candy melts into a microwave-safe dish and melt in 30-second increments until melted.
- Carefully dip 1/2 of a marshmallow into the orange candy melt, making sure all the sides are covered.
- Place on the prepared sheets and repeat with remaining marshmallows. Let the candy melts harden completely (place in refrigerator to speed up the process)
- Once the orange is completely hardened, melt the yellow candy melts.
- Dip marshmallows into the yellow candy melts - about half way up the hardened orange.
- Place on baking sheets and let cool completely.
I know Halloween is about two months away still, but since I’m having my baby at the end of this month, I may not get to fully celebrate it on the blog. So, I hope you don’t mind if over the next few weeks, I share a few fun Halloween posts.
I absolutely love Halloween – I’m not sure why, really…it’s just one of those holidays I really enjoy. Not really the scary, gory parts (not really, at all), but the more fun, spooky parts – dressing up, candy, hayrides. I love Halloween decorations and all the fun treats that you see floating around this time of year. Maybe it’s because I was born two days after Halloween – who knows! Either way, I love it (you should definitely check out some of our fun Halloween traditions!)
My friend, Katie, from Made to Be a Momma just released her first cookbook – Kids’ Treats: 50 Easy, Extra-Special Snacks to Make With Your Little Ones. As most of you know, Jack and I love cooking and baking together in the kitchen, so I was thrilled with she asked if I’d like to review the book and share it with you.
This book has SO many fun ideas that are very easy to do with your children. There’s ideas for different holidays as well as ideas that are good all year round. Jack was so excited when it arrived – he looks through it all the time.
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
Because it’s starting to be the Halloween season, I thought it would be fun to try an idea from the Halloween section. There were several ideas that I had a hard time picking from, but I eventually picked these candy corn marshmallows. They are seriously the easiest project, but they turn out so cute. They are perfect for school Halloween parties! All you need is two kinds of candy melts and marshmallows, and you are good to go.
They are perfect for little hands to make as well. Jack made about half of them! I was impressed with how careful he was.
Forrest and Jack really loved eating them afterward as well. Forrest kept coming up for another one, and I finally had to remind him that I still needed to take pictures!
I hope you’ll enjoy this fun treat and that you’ll check out Katie’s new book. If you have a little one who enjoys being in the kitchen with you, it’s a book you don’t want to miss!
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).