I can’t believe people are already talking about their kids going back to school. Didn’t summer just start?
Fortunately for me, Jack still has another year before he started Kindergarten. You better believe I’m going to savor every moment until then. I mean, who wouldn’t love having this cute little guy around all the time (and his darling cousin, Scarlett):
However, I know a lot of you are gearing up for your kiddos going back to school, so I thought I’d share a really yummy breakfast idea. These easy egg muffin tin eggs (or omelettes) are so GOOD. They can easily be frozen and heat up in the morning or used for an after school snack. You could even pop a few in their lunch boxes!
One of my nieces, Tori, loves to cook and do crafts, and I was so excited to have her visiting when I was testing this recipe out. She was an awesome sous chef, and I’m wishing I could have her around more often. She is just the sweetest girl, and she made making this recipe even more delicious.
These really are so simple – just throw everything in a bowl and then pour them into mini muffin tins. We used my mom’s silicone mini muffin tin, which made it even easier because they just pop right out of it! I think this is a great recipe to have your kids help you make.
I’ve found that when children help make food, they are more likely to eat it!
While you could use cow’s milk (such as Horizon Organic – best milk ever), we opted to use Silk Almond Milk. I much prefer the flavor of almond milk over cow’s milk, and I love using it in recipes like this. I also bought a block of Horizon Organic Cheddar Cheese and shredded it, because shredding your own cheese from the block is the best! We also used lots of awesome ingredients from our local King Sooper store (a Kroger affiliate) from their Natural Foods Department.
One thing I love about Kroger stores is that they offer so many better-for-you products at an affordable price. Their Simple Truth products are more wholesome and are available for similar prices to other products that aren’t as high of quality. When it comes to your kids, you simply want the best, and I’m glad that Kroger, Horizon Organic, and Silk aim to make that more attainable for families.
Oliver was a big fan of these muffins! I think we will be making these a lot in our future!
Muffin Tin Egg Muffins
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup Silk Almond Milk
- 1 cup Horizon Organic cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 Simple Truth Sausage Links
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/3 cup diced Green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced Red onion
- Whisk together eggs and almond milk.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spray a mini muffin tin (unless using a silicone muffin tin) and fill each to the top with the egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Let cool a few minutes.
- Can easily be frozen for quick breakfasts!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com