Pressure Cooker Breakfast Casserole
We always like a good breakfast casserole around here!
Because we love all things Instant Pot, I thought it was due time that I create a recipe that could be made for breakfast.
This recipe is based off of our popular traditional sausage breakfast casserole. It’s absolutely delicious! You can easily mix up all the ingredients the night before and cook it in the morning…or you can make it to the day of. It’s super simple to throw together.
I used a 7″ springform pan from Fat Daddio’s for this. However, if you don’t have one (or you want to double the recipe), you could put it directly in the pot. Just make sure you spray it REALLY well. When I first made this recipe, I did it in the pot, and I guess I didn’t spray it well enough. It also seemed to collect liquid on the top – so you’ll just need to poor that out.
You can switch up this recipe however you want – add different vegetables, use bacon instead of sausage…whatever. It’s really a pretty adaptable recipe, and we really enjoyed it.
It is great when served with salsa on top – plus it gives it a little bit of color. Yum!
If you are looking for some other great breakfast ideas, here are a few you may also enjoy:
- Easy Egg and Sausage Breakfast Crescent Roll Sandwich
- French Toast Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
We are big fans of breakfast around here, and I think that being able to make a delicious breakfast in the Instant Pot makes us love the IP even more.
If you are new to the Instant Pot, make sure you read this post: The Ultimate Instant Pot Guide: Instant Pot Tips, Hacks, and Recipes
Other Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 6 large eggs
- 1 lb ground sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red or green pepper, chopped
- 1 cups monterrey jack shredded cheese, shreded
- 1 cup frozen hashbrowns
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- Brown and crumble sausage - drain excess grease
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and spices until combined and frothy.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Place mixture into the spring form pan (or the bowl of the Instant Pot - make sure you spray well).
- Put lid on pot, make sure vent valve is closed, and set for 8 minutes on manual high pressure.
- After the time goes off, release all the pressure using the quick pressure release option.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com