Pressure Cooker Breakfast CasseroleWe always like a good breakfast casserole around here!Whether it be our sweet potato breakfast casserole – or the more traditional sausage breakfast casserole – there’s just nothing quite as delicious as a breakfast casserole in the morning.Because we love all things Instant Pot, I thought it was due time that I create a recipe that could be made for breakfast.This recipe is based off of our popular traditional sausage breakfast casserole. It’s absolutely delicious! You can easily mix up all the ingredients the night before and cook it in the morning…or you can make it to the day of. It’s super simple to throw together.I used a 7″ springform pan from Fat Daddio’s for this. However, if you don’t have one (or you want to double the recipe), you could put it directly in the pot. Just make sure you spray it REALLY well. When I first made this recipe, I did it in the pot, and I guess I didn’t spray it well enough. It also seemed to collect liquid on the top – so you’ll just need to poor that out.You can switch up this recipe however you want – add different vegetables, use bacon instead of sausage…whatever. It’s really a pretty adaptable recipe, and we really enjoyed it.It is great when served with salsa on top – plus it gives it a little bit of color. Yum!If you are looking for some other great breakfast ideas, here are a few you may also enjoy:
- Easy Egg and Sausage Breakfast Crescent Roll Sandwich
- French Toast Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
Other Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 6 large eggs
- 1 lb ground sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red or green pepper, chopped
- 1 cups monterrey jack shredded cheese, shreded
- 1 cup frozen hashbrowns
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- Brown and crumble sausage - drain excess grease
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and spices until combined and frothy.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Place mixture into the spring form pan (or the bowl of the Instant Pot - make sure you spray well).
- Put lid on pot, make sure vent valve is closed, and set for 8 minutes on manual high pressure.
- After the time goes off, release all the pressure using the quick pressure release option.