I love pancakes, but I just never want to go through the process of making them!
I know, that sounds totally lazy, and it is, but since it takes me awhile to get going in the morning, it’s almost lunch by the time I find the energy to actually make breakfast!
So the other day, as I was watching another stack of delicious pancakes pass through my Facebook feed, I decided there had to be another way to make homemade pancakes that didn’t require much effort.
And then it dawned on me – baked pancakes! I did a quick Google search, and I saw that people had successfully done this in the past, so I figured I might as well try my hand at it.
I saw that my friend, Aimee, had shared this delicious and perfect pancake recipe on her facebook page recently, so I decided to use that as the base. I changed it a little bit, and I added vanilla and cinnamon, as well as just opted to use regular buttermilk as opposed to the homemade version…But it was simple enough still!
I made this very quickly in the oven, and we also added blueberries for a special touch. You can easily add other fruits, nuts, etc. to fit the taste of your family.
Because pancakes aren’t necessarily that sweet on their own, we added some Eagle Syrup on top. This syrup feels more like a hybrid between honey and syrup – it’s rather thick and a little goes a long way. I thought it was absolutely DELICIOUS on top of the baked pancake. Everyone else agreed!
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine buttermilk, egg, and butter in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Mix just until lumps are gone.
- Add blueberries, strawberries, pecans, etc. to the batter if desired.
- Pour into an 8x8 glass dish that has been sprayed by cooking spray.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Top with Eagle Syrup for an extra tasty breakfast.