Disclosure: I was given a free year of MyFitU in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
There are so many fitness and health programs out there, and it can be so overwhelming. Some make you totally eliminate certain types of foods, others require you to do crazy workouts, and some just have you eating non-tasty foods. Obviously, these are the extreme ends of things, but still. Getting healthy can seem hard!I want to introduce you to a program called MyFitU. This was created by Daniel Meng, who is a fitness trainer to country singers, such as Kenny Chesney and Jake Owen, to help them keep in shape on the road. Obviously, being on the road can be a hard place to find time to work out and eat healthy, which says something about the flexibility of this program. By signing up for the program, it’s like having a personal trainer, nutirtionist, and weight lost coach by your side at all times. If you have any questions, Daniel answers them himself. I’ve been trying out the program for the past few weeks, and I’ve found it very easy to use. In the past, I have used programs like Weight Watchers, MyFitnessPal, and Couch-to-5K to help me get in better shape and eat healthier. While they all have their benefits, there are a few things I really liked a lot about MyFitU. I feel like it combines the best parts of my favorite programs, and combines it into one.
- It is totally customized for you! While other sites give you a meal and exercise plan just based on weight and height, MyFitU asks more in-depth questions to help give you the plan that is best for you.
- It focuses on things that aren’t necessarily related to exercise or healthy eating, but are often over looked when it comes to a healthy lifestyle, such as stress levels and how much sleep you got. In fact, this is the first question that is asked when you log in each day!
- The simple
- It tells you what to do, but allows for customization. I like being told when to exercise, and how to exercise, and be given suggestions for meal plans. When it is left up to me, it gets kind of overwhelming and I just give up! MyFitU gives you a great meal plan that you can follow, but if you want something else to eat, you can easily search for a new meal. And the meals are delicious! I’ve tried several of the suggestions, and I’ve not been disappointed. The same goes for exercise — it gives you great workouts, but you can switch them out for something else, or if you don’t have the suggested equipment, it gives suggestions for substitutions.
- The meal plans give you shopping lists to go along with them!
- It has great education and safety sections. The education section has information on all sorts of topics, and they aren’t the typical articles you see every day. The safety section teaches you how to exericse safely, which I think is SO important — I feel like I hear so many stories about people getting injured because they were exercising incorrectly.
Overall, I do recommend this product for anyone looking for a great workout/fitness program, and is okay with paying for it. You can try it out for 14 days (no credit card required!) and if you love it, you can purchase a subscription. Here are the subscription options:
- One month – $20 ($5/week)
- Three months – $54 ($4.50/week)
- Six Months – $104 ($4/week)
- One year – $182 ($3.50/week)
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).