I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for American Express Serve. I applied for the Serve Cash Back card to facilitate my review and received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Who doesn’t want to save money (and even earn a little bit back)? I know that for us, we’ve been really trying to save money as of late as we hope to start the process of buying a home next year. Every penny counts when you are saving toward something like that!
I’ve found plenty of ways to make and save extra money here and there. Sometimes it just comes down to not buying some of our “wants” right when we want them.
One thing that we’ve done to try and save/make money is by using debit and credit cards with a cash back feature. While most cards don’t offer the biggest incentive, like I said earlier – every bit counts.
I recently learned about the American Express Serve Cash Back card, and I think it’s a great way to earn cash back as well as stay on budget.
Basically, it’s a debit card that you can load money onto – kind of like a gift card! However, whenever you spend the money on the card, you get 1% cashback on every dollar spent, which can really add up. I’ll write more about how to stay on budget, and how this card can help you, in a future post, but it really is a great way to just load the money you need that month and avoid the pitfalls of impulse purchases.
Something that is unique about this card is that the cash back is added to your account immediately after your purchase – no waiting for a month or two like many cards make you! 1% may not seem like a lot, but it does add up over time – especially on large purchases.
Anyone can register for the card online and get it in the mail for free, or you can sign up at a retailer for 3.95. Because there is no credit checks, minimum balances, or hidden fees, this is a great option for someone who may not have the best credit, college students, or for parents who want to give their kid an allowance or teach them the responsibility of having a credit/debit card, without the risk of them overspending! You can use it for pretty much anything – paying bills, buying groceries, and even withdrawing cash from ATMs.
There are also some other great features that I’ve never seen before with pre-paid debit cards, which are benefits of being part of the American Express family:
- World Class 24/7 American Express Customer Service: 1-800-954-0559.
- Access to special offers, content and more from top brands on Facebook, Foursquare, and Twitter at sync.americanexpress.com.
- Purchase Protection, which protects eligible purchases made with the Card against accidental damage and theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Roadside Assistance Hotline6 you can call in case of emergency for reliable service.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com