But then as we went on, it got increasingly steeper and rockier. We finally got to a point where you basically had to scale the side of the mountain. I’ve never really enjoyed hikes that are more than just a casual stroll through the mountains (I’ll have to write about a hike Forrest and I went on when we first dating. Disastrous.) And with a 4 1/2-month-old baby strapped to me, I was even more convinced I shouldn’t go on. Although I got some gentle prodding from my dad and Forrest, I stood my ground. I did not feel good about it, and so I went and sat on a rock by myself while everyone went on. And I was glad I didn’t, as I watched everyone fall climb the side of the mountain, I knew I would have gone tumbling down had I gone further. After talking to people afterwards, some of the other moms on the hike were not impressed with this “kid-friendly” hike either.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com