As a mom of 3 kids and blogger at Practical Parenting, I feel like time gets away from me during the holidays with all the busyness of the season. That’s why I love easy crafts like these DIY Bead Ornaments that will keep the kids busy and entertained! My kids enjoyed making them for over an hour.
Craft wire (I used 20 gauge)
- Cut your wire to desired length, allowing extra space for the ends
- Bend one end into a loop shape (larger loop for hanging on the tree or smaller loop if you plan to tie a ribbon on the end)
- Give the kids beads and wire to string them onto
- Secure the end of the wire once all the beads are on
- Shape into a spiral Christmas tree or circle wreath (you could also try a candy cane or other shapes, but we couldn’t get a star to work very well)
- Add ribbon or other personal touch
- Hang on the Christmas tree and you have a fun ornament!
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).